The Assistant Product Manager will support the management and development of private brand labels manufactured exclusively for Belk. Directly responsible for maintaining all information pertaining to product life cycle.
Sales / Margin:
- Monitor, report, and analyze of sales and gross margin performance by style, classification, and department.
Development / Assortment:
- Shop retail market to identify assortment, incoming trends and pricing opportunities based on competitive landscape.
- Set up and maintain presentation and trend boards, where applicable.
- Prepare materials for merchant line review. Assist in recapping, finalizing, and communicating style placement to cross functional development team, agent, and vendors.
- Assist PM to communicate all target costs and quantities by style and negotiate costing to achieve competitive pricing and strategic mark up targets, as required by business needs.
- Analyze and report development metrics on adoption and hit rate, where applicable.
- Track new packaging label and hang tag requests.
Production / T&A:
- Assist in the management of the time and action calendar to ensure product specifications, quality standards, deadlines and deliveries are met as contracted.
- Partner with cross functional design, textile design, technical design and color teams on all approvals.
- Set up and manage style record and purchase order creation and maintenance; possesses accountable for the integrity and accuracy of all data entered into PLM.
- Support e-commerce with style records creation and maintenance in CARS.
- Work closely with the QC dept to ensure that all products meet all quality and safety standards.
- Order and track advertising samples.
- Review trim charts and ticket approvals.
- Track shipping, communicate issues to Product Manager.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent business experience.
· Minimum of 2 yrs experience in product development or its equivalent.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to be detail oriented, flexible, self motivated, and be able to lead others.
· Able to see and distinguish colors.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List