Assistant Planners work with the Planner on key business analysis, developing of strategies and replenishment forecasting. Assistant Planners are responsible for the allocation of merchandise and maintaining the integrity of inventory at the location level, as well as building by-door plans to meet and exceed sales, margin, and turn targets. Assistant planners play a key role in the consistent communication with all internal teams and external vendor partners.
- Support planner/buyer team with any business analysis and/or reporting requested
- Create and maintain all associated allocations for initial buy, delayed allocation and re-flow orders for stores and e Commerce
- Own and lead the process and communication of allocation on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Analyze location sales and highlight inventory successes and opportunities
- Develop high quality by-door and e Commerce plans that reflect appropriate store needs and reconcile department level plans
- Support planner in producing/ongoing management of vendor planning (i.e. ladders)
- Analyze and manage replenishment programs and support development of style/SKU counts
- Support maintenance of vendor matrix and Location Ranging Tool (LRT)
- Develop seasonal and annual size profiles
- Proficiency in planning/merchandising systems (RMS, APX, SPO, SAS and what if allocations)
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required by business need
- Regularly engages in professional development activities.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Specific work or project experience: Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite
- 2 or more years of applicable experience
- Specific work or project experience: Former Assistant Buyer experience or equivalent (internal or external)
- Industry experience: Finance and or/ Retail Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources to identify trends & risks, resolve issues, and recognize opportunities
- Demonstrates initiative in exposing and resolving issues and opportunities
- Communicates effectively and maintains relationships at all levels internally and with vendors
- Demonstrates intermediate-level proficiency using retail merchandising systems & tools to drive business results
Demonstrates intermediate-level proficiency using Oracle systems & tools (e.g. RMS, APX) to drive business results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List