The assistant planner builds merchandise financial plans, vendor or class as appropriate, that support the merchandise strategies while achieving corporate financial goals in addition, they partner with the Planner to conduct key business analysis, to maximize profitability. Work with Planners and Buyers in assortment and buy planning by facilitating layering of assortments and validating the profitability of purchases.
• Execute the assortment plan and the initial buy plan through use of hindsighting and profitability tools
• Improve profitability by analyzing sales, margin, turn and open-to-buy/ forecast performance against pre-season strategies and goals and by managing product lifecycle
• Support planner in producing/ongoing management of vendor planning and item planning as needed (i.e. ladders)
• Support replenishment budgets by providing analytics required for planning and managing replenishment items.
• Partner with allocation team to Reconcile merchandise and by-door plans with store level opportunities
• Regularly engages in professional development activities.
• Develop seasonal and annual size profiles
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree and/or equivalent years of experience
• Specific work or project experience: Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite
• Two or more years of applicable experience
• Specific work or project experience: Former Assistant Buyer experience or equivalent (internal or external)
• Industry experience: Finance and or/ Retail Experience
- Specific Degree: Business, Finance, Accounting and or Retail
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
§ Ability to analyze data from multiple sources to identify trends & risks, resolve issues, and recognize opportunities
- Demonstrates initiative in exposing and resolving issues and opportunities
- Communicates effectively and maintains relationships at all levels internally and with vendors
- Demonstrates intermediate-level proficiency using retail merchandising systems & tools to drive business results
Demonstrates intermediate-level proficiency using Oracle systems & tools (e.g. RMS, APX) to drive business results.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List