Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Prepares and /or coordinates with an external consultant, all construction documents for assigned projects, ensuring accuracy prior to them being issued for bid. Works closely with the Project Manager, Store Planner, Designer and acts as a liaison between the team and external consultants.
- Assists the Director in the consultant selection process and preparation of RFP’s.
- Assists in facilitating the bidding process, conducting pre-bid meetings, etc.
- Coordinates the outsourced printing services and plan distribution on all assigned projects. This includes posting drawings electronically, formulating distribution lists, etc.
- Assists the Director of Architecture and Project Manager in designing and shaping the footprints the buildings to maximize the potential of the interior layout. Coordinates the layout of the non-sell functions of the store.
- Prepares and / or coordinates with external consultants, the comprehensive building surveys and fixture surveys of existing stores on assigned projects.
- Develops square footage calculations that are used to formulate the Sales & Space Guideline Forms that are used for planning stores.
- Responsible for modifying the master architectural and interior specification and / or coordinating this activity with external consultants on assigned projects.
- Assists the Director and Project Manager in reviewing plans with building officials as necessary to secure building permits and design approvals, staying abreast and compliant with building codes and ADA requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation of all prototypical elements of the store, related to the architectural building on all assigned projects.
- Assists the Director and Project Manager in reviewing and coordinating Landlord / Developer requirements including preparation of Lease Exhibits, Site Improvement Requirements, etc.
- Works with the Project Manager, Designer and Store Planner in developing prototypical architectural building details, fixture and decor details.
- Understands and manages to the confines of the schedule, project scope and project budget on assigned projects, incorporating the overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the Belk Master Architectural Specifications, Belk Master Interior Specifications, Belk Fixture Manual and Décor Manual, and periodically updating and distributing.
- Assists the Director and Project Manager in maintaining archive drawings, files and specifications and validating historical information on existing locations.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.