As a participant in the Belk Intern to Leadership Program (ILP) you will gain real word experience and exposure to various functional areas with retail management. You will focus on analyzing business trends while building relationships with executives, customers, and the sales team. You will gain experience through structured shadowing assignments, workshop modules, and formal mentorship during the 10-week program.
Our goal is to show you a career path where you can become a Stores Management Emerging Leader upon college graduation. You will be provided with a real life snapshot of how run to a multi million dollar business and accelerate your Belk career.
The 2018 Summer Intern to Leadership Program is looking to hire numerous Retail Management candidates across the southeast region.
Locations will include:
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Plan and collaborate on events and merchandising decisions in assigned areas
- Assist in executing the store’s side of our Omni channel strategy and other Belk initiatives
- One-on-one mentoring with a Store executive
- Shadowing assignments in all areas of the store
- Complete assigned projects by working with others within your department, gaining a broad perspective on both the functions of the department and how it relates to the overall goals of the company.
- Timely completion of assigned ILP projects working as a team with fellow ILP cohorts and using departmental resources.
- Rising college senior planning to graduate in Spring 2019
- Retail selling/management and customer service experience
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred)
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, confidence and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage complex relationships
- Ability to prioritize projects and execute multiple tasks to drive sales and customer service
- Strong business background with ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and take action
- Strong interest in retail
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
Back to Job List