As a participant in the Belk Internship Program, you will gain real world experience and exposure to various functional areas of Store Operations. You will focus on workforce management, process improvement, labor standards, communications, driving omnichannel changes and evaluating competitive landscapes. You will gain experience through structured shadowing assignments, classroom workshops, and formal mentorship during the 10-week program.
Our stores operations intern will work with our stores, field leadership, store operations and cross functional business partners, and is resilient working in a fast-packing environment while having fun. This includes assisting with operations, expenses, communication, workforce management and technology programs. Our intern will assist with the implementation of labor standards and managing our store’s workforce.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities
- Work in a fast paced, dynamic, test and learn environment
- Assist in managing the daily store processes (cash office, expenses, supply ordering, etc.
- Partner with functional areas to ensure that retail store operations tactics are consistently aligned with business objectives
- Provide input and estimates for corporate forecasting of monthly store performance
- Research emerging workforce trends (i.e., labor standards, payroll, staffing.) to inform on current and future program gaps
- Support Digital Stores, Service Optimization, and ad hoc pilot activities, as needed
- Rising college senior planning to graduate in December 2018 or Spring 2019
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Committed to meeting goals within a dynamic, fast-paced and results oriented environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and reasoning skills
- Open to learning, able to adapt to changing circumstances and reprioritize tasks as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, customers and all levels of the organization
- Supply Chain, Operations, Industrial Engineering, Business majors preferred
Back to Job List