As a participant in the Belk Intern to Leadership Program (ILP) you will gain real word experience and exposure to our growing Logistics and Supply Chain Operations. You will focus on understanding the Logistics operations including the Corporate Support team, while building relationships with senior Logistics leaders. You will gain experience through structured shadowing assignments, workshop modules through our Corporate Leadership Development team and formal mentorship during the 10-week program. The Intern to Leadership Program will look to hire numerous Supply Chain candidates in our direct to consumer fulfillment center located near Spartanburg, SC. Belk will provide a housing stipend for those who do not live in the area.
- One-on-one mentoring with a senior Operations Manager
- Shadowing assignments in all areas of operations include Corporate Logistics
- Get exposure to senior leaders
- Complete assigned projects by working with others within Logistics, gaining a broad perspective on both the functions of the Direct to Consume Fulfillment network and how it relates to the overall goals of the company.
- Timely completion of assigned ILP projects working as a team with fellow ILP cohorts and using departmental resources.
- Ability to work off shifts to understand impact on the business (Belk has a three-shift operation running 24 hours a day)
- Ability to live in Spartanburg, SC during internship (housing stipend will be provided)
- Rising college senior planning to graduate in Spring 2019
- Must currently be working towards a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Distribution Management
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred)
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, confidence and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage complex relationships
- Strong business background with ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and act decisively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in Supply Chain/Logistics Management field
Back to Job List