As a participant in the Belk Intern to Leadership Program (ILP), you will gain real world experience and exposure to various functional areas. You will focus on understanding the Engineering operation including Process Improvement, Labor Management Installation, Lean Six Sigma and the Corporate Support team, while building relationships with senior Logistics leaders.You will gain experience through structured shadowing assignments, workshop modules through our Corporate Leadership Development team and formal mentorship during the 10-week program.The Intern to Leadership Program will look to hire several Engineering candidates in our direct to consumer fulfillment center located near Spartanburg, SC. Belk will provide a housing stipend for those who do not live in the area.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- One-on-one mentoring with an Industrial Engineer
- Shadowing assignments with Engineering team including Corporate Logistics
- Get exposure to senior executives
- Complete assigned projects by working with others within your department, gaining a broad perspective on both the functions of the Direct to Consumer Fulfillment network and how it relates to the overall goals of the company.
- Timely completion of assigned ILP projects working as a team with fellow ILP cohorts and using departmental resources.
- Ability to work off shifts to understand impact on the business (Belk has a three-shift operation running 24 hours a day)
- Participate in Engineered Labor Standards development
- Ability to live in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC during internship (housing stipend will be provided)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Belk for this position now or in the future
- Continuous improvement mindset and classroom experience in one or more areas of quality engineering (TQM, Lean, Six Sigma, PDCA, etc.).
- Should have strong interest in CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) or PMP (Project Management Professional
- Rising college senior planning to graduate in Spring 2019
- Must be working towards a degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science
- Proven strong academic performer (GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred)
- Leadership skills that include professional business ethics, confidence and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and manage complex relationships
- Strong business background with ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and act decisively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in Supply Chain/Logistics Management field
Back to Job List