The Shift Manager/Production Manager is responsible for the day to day management of production functions, operational performance metrics and customer service deliverables during a specified shift at either a retail distribution center or fulfillment center. The Shift Manager drives productivity through management of their production team, made up of multiple supervisors and numerous hourly associates.
· Manage the performance of multiple production functions at your assigned location
o Distribution Centers Production Manager is responsible for the production functions included below:
§ Inbound - inbound processing and sorting cartons, coordinating inbound parcel deliveries and recycling loads
· Maintain accurate records of processed goods, trailers and associate productivity. Prepare daily reports of these metrics for the management team
· Manage a highly efficient inbound process to ensure consistent flow of merchandise within the facility
· Ensure minimum receiving backlog is maintained at all times; proactively plan for and respond to seasonal shifts in receipt flow in partnership with the wave planning department
§ Outbound – maximizing loads, carton audit, coordinating store delivers.
· Manage a highly efficient outbound process to maximize flow and productivity
· Provide oversight to the store delivery process – ensuring that high standards for carton loading to promote optimal store receipt of goods
· Oversee an effective audit process designed to drive manifest accuracy
§ Value Added Services & Secondary production functions – recycling, incoming/outgoing parcel delivery scheduling, and make ready/audit functions
· Manage a highly efficient Value-Added Services team to inspect and audit inbound goods and further prepare goods for stores
· Manage implementation of policies/procedures designed to maintain a safe and secure environment, with an emphasis on quality control, safe practices, strict delivery goals and customer service.
· Set daily/shift specific goals that reflect the overall objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) committed to by the greater distribution/fulfillment network
· Oversee and support a team of production supervisors, leads and associates tasked with executing specific production functions; partnering with management and contracted staffing providers to determine and implement optimal staffing mix for applicable departments
· Partner with other area leaders to ensure a smooth flow of merchandise through the production work stream.
· Seek continuous improvement opportunities by encouraging and collecting feedback designed to lead to process analysis and improvement; strive for peak operational efficiency within area of responsibility
· Serve as the primary liaison for members of the support teams; work in partnership to manage execution of support-related tasks (training, safety awareness, production planning) for the manager’s shift/area of responsibility