Retail Merchandising Opportunities
The Merchandising Emerging Leaders program is an intensive 14-week development program, created to provide hands-on training in the areas of Buying, Planning, Product Development and e-Commerce. As an Emerging Leaders, you will participate in a variety of instructor-led workshops, e-Learning modules, project assignments and webinars to prepare you for an exciting career in Merchandising. After successful completion of the program, you will be placed into one of the following positions:
- Assistant Buyer
- Assistant Planner
- Assistant Product Manager
- Assistant Web Merchandising Specialist
- 4-year degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Previous internship experience in a related industry / field
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a passion for good customer service
- Technically competent with an emphasis in MS Office
- Strong business acumen
- Passion in your field of interest
What’s in it for you?
- Manage a multi-million dollar business and drive the profitability of your buying office/department
- Work in a fast paced, competitive, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Analyze fashion and business trends while comparing location sales to highlight inventory successes and opportunities
- Shop retail market to identify assortment, incoming trends and pricing opportunities based on competitive landscape
- Assist in recapping, finalizing, and communicating style placement to cross functional development teams, agents
- Support and participate in assortment planning, seasonal financial planning and store planning
Finance and Accounting Opportunities
The Finance/Accounting Emerging Leaders Program combines on-the-job and structured training experiences to give exposure to Corporate Finance responsibilities within the company. Emerging Leaders will be assigned 2-3 rotations within an approximate 12 month period. The business needs of the company will dictate the length and area of the rotations. The goal will be to place developed Executive Trainees into permanent staff positions.
- Four Year Degree – Finance/Accounting/Business (Required)
- Strong academic performance (GPA above 3.2 preferred)
- Outstanding demonstration of leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Microsoft Access proficiency is a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and learn quickly.
- Deadline oriented.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain exposure to the various Accounting and Finance Departments by working on assigned projects that will vary depending upon the rotation assigned. Rotations may include: Accounts Payable, Advertising Accounting, Budgeting/ Financial Reporting, Capital Planning, General Accounting, Import Accounting, Retail Accounting, and SEC/External Reporting
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Accounting and Finance principles and practices by engaging in challenging assignments
- Complete assigned projects by working with others within the department, gaining a broad perspective on both the functions of the department and how it relates to the overall goals of the company.
- Attend classroom training opportunities and field trips.
- Interact with all levels of management to communicate or present topics vital to the business.
Applications will reopen in September. To join our Talent Community please click here
Back to Job List